maandag 29 augustus 2011

Sigur Ros: Takk ...

Following up on the Heima film, I listened to Sigur Ros' Takk ... , their fourth record (from 2005) and debut with music mogul EMI. Meanwhile I was taking care of a big pile of dishes. The 65 minute long CD stopped spinning just when I had cleared the last pots and pans from the sink. I must say it is not a burden to do the dishes whilst this kind of music spills from the speakers at a petrifying volume. One is carried away by an oceanic current into a liminal state. Takk ... is one giant, uninterrupted soundscape, often subdued and occasionally rising to blinding climaxes of distorted, sandpapery guitar clusters. It's unwise to want to sample individual tracks from such a work. You have to let it gush forward, in one whirl. I'm looking forward to the next pile of dishes (but I have to be alone in the house ...) 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten