vrijdag 8 oktober 2010

Start of a new blog

I am starting this new blog as a musical diary. My intention is simply to keep track of what I listen to in an effort to instill a measure of discipline in my listening habits. In an age of access to abundant musical resources it is easy to fall into the trap of mindless consumption. I do not want that. I want to be an attentive and disciplined listener. The reasons behind this listening attitude will be explained and explored later on in this blog.

The blog is a diary and despite it being openly accessible it is assumed to be largely private. There may be a few friends who are interested in my musical journey but I don't expect them to be numerous. A few of them are non-Dutch speakers, hence the language of choice is English.

In addition to tracking the listening diet, I will likely post other music-related notes and reflections. The point is not to be profound or original. I hope the blog will turn out to be an instrument that helps me to be a better, more attentive and knowledgeable listener.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten