dinsdag 31 mei 2011

Prokofiev - Symphony nr. 6

That Prokofiev Sixth with Kitajenko really hit me between the eyes! That glorious music has hardly been out of my mind this week. I have relistened to it, albeit only in parts. It's a genuine treat and certainly one of the most impressive symphonic recordings I have heard in a long time. Kitajenko's vision on the score does not impose itself as 'definitive' but in combination with the very high level of playing by the orchestra and the absolutely stupendous sonics it makes for a great listening experience. It's almost psychedelically colourful, like watching a giant Kandinsky painting rotating before one's mind's eye. This is the kind of rapture that I experienced more often, it seems, as a young, inexperienced listener in my early twenties than I do today. It's nice to be able to revisit that experience.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten